Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_lcap38%Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_lcap8%Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_lcap0%Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_lcap0%Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_lcap54%Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_lcapPlayable Species restricted to certain Classes? Voting_barPlayable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_lcapPlayable Species restricted to certain Classes? Voting_barPlayable Species restricted to certain Classes? Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?   Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:26 am

The E3 SW:TOR Announcements page was updated quite recently, with two new announcements, one about the Warzones, and one about Playable Species. Each was accompanied with a couple of images. This is what the Playable Species segment stated:

"The Ratattaki was the first non-human species we announced in The Old Republic and we showed them being played as butt-kicking Bounty Hunters. Today we are revealing that as a stealthy Imperial Agent you can choose to be a Chiss and as a charming Smuggler you can choose to be a Twi’lek. There is more information coming on these, and other, playable species at a later date, so stay tuned to The Old Republic website."

Perhaps it is merely bad sentence structuring, but from what that said, this seems very much like that you will only be able to play certain species depending on what your class is. I don't like it, but it kind of DOES make sense. What are your thoughts and opinions?
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?   Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:12 am

Well what i took from it is that those are the only classes they are confirming that those races are playable for. They might still be class specific but I don't think you can say that purely based on that statement. I do however think that it is likely that you are going to see at least faction specific and maybe class specific races as well. I especially doubt that Chiss are going to be playable on the Republic.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?   Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:45 am

I think it makes sense, and I to are thinking that chiss will be Imperial only.
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?   Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:17 pm

I hope it's bad sentence structure on their part but I really doubt it.

I bet everything they post is heavily scrutinized by some board weeks before they post it. Mistakes will happen though.

Hmm I bet humans are open to all classes.

If you think about it though it would be a way of cutting down on some of the work involved. They have to animate every race to every class fully voiced and animated. I could be wrong I mean I'm no game designer. IMO they want to be lazy somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?   Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Deirbhile wrote:
I hope it's bad sentence structure on their part but I really doubt it.

I bet everything they post is heavily scrutinized by some board weeks before they post it. Mistakes will happen though.

Hmm I bet humans are open to all classes.

If you think about it though it would be a way of cutting down on some of the work involved. They have to animate every race to every class fully voiced and animated. I could be wrong I mean I'm no game designer. IMO they want to be lazy somewhere.

Well humans are most certainly going to be open to all classes and I would be surprised if Twi'leks weren't as well. And I agree thats it really not such a bad idea as some races, like Chiss, really dont fit in well with one faction. I won't blame them if they are indeed restricting some races because I understand how it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?   Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:48 am

Well I plan on playing human so I'm not too concerned about it. But it does make sense that some species don't fit in well with some factions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?   Playable Species restricted to certain Classes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playable Species restricted to certain Classes?
Page 1 of 1