Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Starship Troopers Vote_lcap38%Starship Troopers Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Starship Troopers Vote_lcap8%Starship Troopers Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Starship Troopers Vote_lcap0%Starship Troopers Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Starship Troopers Vote_lcap0%Starship Troopers Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Starship Troopers Vote_lcap54%Starship Troopers Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Starship Troopers Vote_lcapStarship Troopers Voting_barStarship Troopers Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Starship Troopers Vote_lcapStarship Troopers Voting_barStarship Troopers Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Starship Troopers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tal'nar Galon
Trooper First Class / Propaganda Agent
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet
Test: 4235

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Anybody saw the trilogy of Starship Troopers?

First one was on tv last night and I watched it again (after many years, I saw it when I was still a kid, and it's the first time on tv again now).
Though it was only the first one, I'm planning on getting the whole trilogy?
Are the second and thirth as good as the first?

And did anyone read the book too?

If anyone did see the movies/read the book, I just want to know if they're good Razz.
No spoilers of the second and thirth movies and the book please
Back to top Go down
Tristram Kell
Hunter
Hunter
Tristram Kell

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:32 pm

The first movie is the pinnacle of the series, really. It's awesome.

The second one is nowhere near as good, but it's okay. I guess. It feels nothing like the first. It's on a lot smaller scale, for one. I've not seen the third, I didn't know there even was one.
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet
Test: Cookies?

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 pm

The second and third movies are HORRIBLE.... The acting is terrible, the special effects are worse than in the first movie(but I've seen worse) the dialogue is terrible... Check them out on Youtube if you really want to watch them but do not spend money on them! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Tristram Kell wrote:
The first movie is the pinnacle of the series, really. It's awesome.

The second one is nowhere near as good, but it's okay. I guess. It feels nothing like the first. It's on a lot smaller scale, for one. I've not seen the third, I didn't know there even was one.
Yeah there is.
I didn't know at first it was a trilogy tbh.
After I saw the movie I was like "This can't be the end!" because it was left open and it was such an awesome movie Very Happy.

The library over here has all 3 of them + the book , I know what I'm gonne do after my exams Very Happy.

This is the trilogy:

Quote :
Starship Troopers:
Starship Troopers (1997)
Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation (2004) (V)
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (2007) (V)
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Violet wrote:
The second and third movies are HORRIBLE.... The acting is terrible, the special effects are worse than in the first movie(but I've seen worse) the dialogue is terrible... Check them out on Youtube if you really want to watch them but do not spend money on them! Shocked

Thanks for the heads-up.
Though I can rent them for free at the library so Very Happy.
But I'll defenitly will watch the first one again! I think it had good acting and special effects in it Smile.
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 pm

I admit that I quite enjoyed the first movie which made the sequels soooo disappointing... But if you can get them for free sure, at least check out the second movie... the third movie I'm not so sure about because it was seriously worse than the DnD movies that I only watched because I'd been told they were hilariously bad Razz
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Violet wrote:
I admit that I quite enjoyed the first movie which made the sequels soooo disappointing... But if you can get them for free sure, at least check out the second movie... the third movie I'm not so sure about because it was seriously worse than the DnD movies that I only watched because I'd been told they were hilariously bad Razz

Haha ok Very Happy.
Well, it's good that the first movie is really good though Very Happy.
I hope the book's good too ^^.

(btw off-topic, we made the 21.000th post Very Happy. )
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:51 pm

It's kinda like the Crow movies... The first one was awesome and the rest was absolutely terrible Neutral But at least you got one really good movie out of the series Razz
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Violet wrote:
It's kinda like the Crow movies... The first one was awesome and the rest was absolutely terrible Neutral But at least you got one really good movie out of the series Razz

Yeah. And watching the first movie made me certain of my choice of rolling a Trooper in SW:ToR.
They could make an awesome game out of the movie Very Happy. I wouldn't mind to shoot those bugs Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Tristram Kell
Hunter
Hunter
Tristram Kell

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Tal'nar Galon wrote:

Yeah. And watching the first movie made me certain of my choice of rolling a Trooper in SW:ToR.
They could make an awesome game out of the movie Very Happy. I wouldn't mind to shoot those bugs Very Happy.

They did! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers_(video_game)

It didn't get great reviews, I suspect it followed the trends of the 2 sequel movies.

Y'know, I think if I rolled a trooper, I wouldn't be able to resist making alien quotes.

Also, I didn't know there were more Crow films, didn't the main actor guy die while they were filming the first one?
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Yes he did Sad They made three movies after that, all varying degrees of bad and then a tv series that was actually quite alright Razz
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Tristram Kell wrote:
Tal'nar Galon wrote:

They did! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers_(video_game)

It didn't get great reviews, I suspect it followed the trends of the 2 sequel movies.

Y'know, I think if I rolled a trooper, I wouldn't be able to resist making alien quotes.

Also, I didn't know there were more Crow films, didn't the main actor guy die while they were filming the first one?

Yeah I noticed just before I saw this post , was looking around and stumbled upon a youtube video with gameplay footage.
Never seen it in stores here, but I'll try to get it somehow Very Happy.

Edit; Since I won't be able to get it in stores anymore, I found myself a torrent. To bad it's without the multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Miles Kenko
Runner
Runner
Miles Kenko

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 pm

quick someone run a Flip Six Three Play
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Miles Kenko wrote:
quick someone run a Flip Six Three Play

Indeed Very Happy. Nice move to take out those others though Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starship Troopers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starship Troopers   Starship Troopers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starship Troopers
Page 1 of 1