Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_lcap38%Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_lcap8%Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_lcap0%Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_lcap0%Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_lcap54%Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_lcapSpace Combat Video and Specializations Voting_barSpace Combat Video and Specializations Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Space Combat Video and Specializations Vote_lcapSpace Combat Video and Specializations Voting_barSpace Combat Video and Specializations Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Space Combat Video and Specializations

Go down 
+5
Jax Nova
Owen Keez
Deirbhile
Rasper Karger
Darc Akora
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

Space Combat Video and Specializations Empty
PostSubject: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

So at gamescon they released a new space combat video and the rest of the class specializations, which are as follows:

Imperial Agent - Operative (uses blaster rifle or energy blade, stealth, burst ranged damage) & Sniper (dps - counterpart of Gunslinger)
Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer (force damage, single bladed lightsaber) & Assassin (double bladed lightsaber, stealth, burst damage)
Bounty Hunter - Powertech & Mercenary
Jedi Consular - Shadow (double-bladed lightsaber) & Wizard (healing / single lightsaber)
Trooper - Commando (tank) & Vanguard

The Space combat video looked very good to me, and even though it is a tunnel shooter I still think it looks pretty fun. It actually looked a lot like StarFox 64 to me, and I very much enjoyed that game.

The advanced classes are pretty much what I expected, though I dont know what the difference is between the Powertech and Mercenary specializations. Also, using "Wizard" as a specialization name seems a bit too fantasy oriented for this game to me, I think something like "Seer" or "Watchman" would fit a lot better.

And right now I am leaning towards the Operative specialization just because it sounds like the most versatile one, however being a sniper is appealing and I wont make any decision until I know much more about them.
Back to top Go down
Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 am

DAMN!!!! the space combat looks amazing im excited for this. As for class specilizations I guessing for trooper Vangaurd is something like a scout or maybe a normal trooper like assault rifle and medium to light armor and tank big weapons and big armor. Ill probbably go commando
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:46 am

The space looks more like a shooter, than space in SWG, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. I just hope their is significant rewards for doing space, otherwise why bother.

Those didn't look like our personal large ships, they look like fighters we fly, I was under the impression our player ships would participate somehow.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:57 am

Deirbhile wrote:
The space looks more like a shooter, than space in SWG, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. I just hope their is significant rewards for doing space, otherwise why bother.

Those didn't look like our personal large ships, they look like fighters we fly, I was under the impression our player ships would participate somehow.

I'm pretty sure those are the ships. Darth hater dissected the video, and those are the ships.

http://darthhater.com/2010/08/17/dissection-of-space-combat-video/

Just some of those ships haven't been announced yet.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:53 am

I though the space combat looked very fun, though I doubt I'll be spending much time with it. As for the class specializations, I already know Jax will be a Gunslinger, but I may make a Wizard (I also hate that name Evil or Very Mad ) alt to assist the guild as a healer.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:55 am

Apparently there is going to be more than one ship for each class. Makes sense to me, as it doesn't seem very unique of RPG-like if every single Smuggler or Trooper in the galaxy cruises around in the same ship.

As for the ships themselves, I can see that the Imperial Agent ship is based off a cross Naboo Cruiser and Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator ship. The Trooper ship is no doubt based off a ship that has been used in the Clone Wars TV series, and without a doubt, it is easy to see that the Smuggler ship is based off the Millenium Falcon.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 am

I hope there joking with some of those class names. Really a wizard? Powertech? Who's making these names bioware, or the creators of clone wars?
Back to top Go down
Gár The Grim
Runner
Runner
Gár The Grim

Character sheet
Test: Gár the Grim

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:11 pm

what cna i say... Druel... cant wait for the space combat.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Trooper First Class / Propaganda Agent
Trooper First Class / Propaganda Agent
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:14 pm

I really like the graphics and all for the space combat but it doesn't seem like you'll be able to fly free around planets and all and you'll just need to steer. Looks nice but don't know if I'll spend much time on it. We'll see in game Wink.

And, a wizard in Star Wars?
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Well, apparently "Wizard" is a derogatory term used for Jedi by people, including one Owen Lars. I'm also surprised that the "Assassin" title didn't go to Imperial Agent, rather than Sith Inquisitor.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Typho Raame wrote:
Well, apparently "Wizard" is a derogatory term used for Jedi by people, including one Owen Lars. I'm also surprised that the "Assassin" title didn't go to Imperial Agent, rather than Sith Inquisitor.

Indeed. The main reason assassin went to SI is because they now get stealth and thus are probably going to be similar to the Sith Assassins from KOTOR 2 but with lightsabers.

Also, How do you know what all the ships look like?
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:59 am

Darc Akora wrote:
Also, How do you know what all the ships look like?

When you look at the dissected images on the Darth Hater article, they say which class is most likely to own what ship, and it's easy to see from the close up images. Besides, it isn't too hard to see what will likely be what, of the shape, colours and looks of the ships.
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet
Test: Davan Kelhur

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Deirbhile wrote:

On the official website it says:

"View daring mission you can undertake in your personnal starship!"

So they will be our ships in that video, also with the 'can' in that sentence it doesn't sound like it is part of the main story to me.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:30 am

Here's a video interivew from Gamescon with James Ohlen

A few interesting things in there but the most relevant is that they are strongly considering adding guild ships sometime after launch.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:48 am

Interesting, though I did find it hard to hear what they were saying. But he did say a lot of interesting things, even though he didn't give away much detail.
Here's to us getting the Corruption in game. Cool
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:09 am

lol I'm afraid I couldn't hear much of it so I didn't sit through the whole thing.

I heard the guild ships though.

Call me old school but I would rather have a guild hall or base, no worries not a game breaker for me, I'll adapt .
Back to top Go down
Gár The Grim
Runner
Runner
Gár The Grim

Character sheet
Test: Gár the Grim

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:36 am

i sat thru it all but like the rest of u the sound was very bad, to much background noise but the stuff i did make out was good.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat Video and Specializations   Space Combat Video and Specializations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space Combat Video and Specializations
Page 1 of 1