Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Coruscant is Republic only Vote_lcap38%Coruscant is Republic only Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Coruscant is Republic only Vote_lcap8%Coruscant is Republic only Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Coruscant is Republic only Vote_lcap0%Coruscant is Republic only Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Coruscant is Republic only Vote_lcap0%Coruscant is Republic only Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Coruscant is Republic only Vote_lcap54%Coruscant is Republic only Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Coruscant is Republic only Vote_lcapCoruscant is Republic only Voting_barCoruscant is Republic only Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Coruscant is Republic only Vote_lcapCoruscant is Republic only Voting_barCoruscant is Republic only Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Coruscant is Republic only

Go down 
+6
Darc Akora
Violet
Deirbhile
Nuscian Mandrayk
Owen Keez
Tal'nar Galon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tal'nar Galon
Trooper First Class / Propaganda Agent
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet
Test: 4235

Coruscant is Republic only Empty
PostSubject: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Don't know why they did this imo.
Sure, after the attack of the Sith on Coruscant it'll be unlikely to see Sith around there, but
I don't think they should've made Coruscant Republic only..

The opposite is for Dromund Kaas.

Link to the post
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Crouscant is the Republic Capital. I know if I was the republic leader I wouldn't want my enemy running around the planet.
Back to top Go down
Nuscian Mandrayk
Shade
Shade
Nuscian Mandrayk

Character sheet
Test: Galactic Trade Commissions private physician

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:18 pm

I have to agree be a shame to not be able to look around the capital well we got alts for that kind of thing...be to be far it makes sense it would be a republic only area. I understand for rp purposes it would seem limiting but at the end of the day I can live with it, decides we got both sides covered...*sly smile* the GTC is every where, naturally, we have to cater to our clientèle Razz
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Owen Keez wrote:
Crouscant is the Republic Capital. I know if I was the republic leader I wouldn't want my enemy running around the planet.
True but still, wouldn't it be 'nice' to be able to infiltrate the enemies capital, with the risk of 'dying' ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
Nuscian Mandrayk
Shade
Shade
Nuscian Mandrayk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:23 pm

hmmm maybe PvP servers will cater to that? Not sure how'd it work I'm not a veteran of MMO's so is just a guess.
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Nuscian Mandrayk wrote:
hmmm maybe PvP servers will cater to that? Not sure how'd it work I'm not a veteran of MMO's so is just a guess.

Hmm. Though, it's not that bad that only planets will be Republic or Sith only. As long as we can encounter on the other planets Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Hmm well this kinda ticks me off a little bit...I'll tell you why.

Coruscant is the pulsing capital of the Galaxy, with trillions of lifeforms from all walks of life. Anyone can disappear there, and there isn't anything their security forces can do about it, as long as they don't make themselves obvious. In the books, beings from all sides, Sith, Jedi,Bounty hunters, terrorists, whatever...are all there throughout the timeline.

I do understand you can't have thousands of Sith Warriors in full gear parading around the senate district, but maybe they could block off certain areas, or at least have some limited questing in the lower areas. But to keep ALL Imperial players blocked from entering the atmosphere is just wrong.

Honestly I already thought this might happen so I'm not surprised. But Coruscant was the planet I was looking most forward to seeing with my Bounty Hunter, not an Alt. I tend to invest my time in one Character.

We got to face it that Republic Aligned players get all the access to the best Damn planet in the Galaxy, While Imperials get Dromund Kas. And that planet is about as appealing to me as decorating my house like a cold haunted hospital.

Guess I'll be drowning my sorrows on Nar Shadda...my second favorite Smile
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet
Test: Cookies?

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 am

Deirbhile wrote:
And that planet is about as appealing to me as decorating my house like a cold haunted hospital.
Wait what?! How does that not sound awesome? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nuscian Mandrayk
Shade
Shade
Nuscian Mandrayk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:59 am

hmm thinking it through I have to agree with Deirbhile, had similar idea myself but wasn't sure how it would work though Razz but your idea makes sense..would be nice to have at least one mission at least for IA and BH on corusant just make it locked area, one group dungeon etc have to admit would be nice to be able to visit all the planets after after all BH are just rogues and IA are undercover so now real reason why they couldn't walk around republic area's, but I know I'm being picky. Though there has to be two faction divide it seems but would think there would be some flexibly at least but well I'm not had much experience with MMO's so can't really say much. But well we'll see how games goes I guess should be a quite a few neutral areas, criminal area's maybe? after all smugglers and BH and even IA hand around certain area's.
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 am

Picture this scenario:

A smuggler just scored a massive haul of credits after his last mission, dangerous and deadly as it was, he inadvertently blew up a shuttle carrying an Imperial Moff. But still escaped with his life and a ton of credits cashed in. Well this of course really pisses off the Imperials and the smuggler effectively receives a death mark on his head. with one of the most massive bounties in galactic history placed on him.

There is no need for the smuggler to spend his life looking over his shoulder however, He can just hang up his blasters on Coruscant and retire. Everything is there he would ever need, why in the world would he want to leave?

Bounty hunters cant go there, because they work for the Imperials, even the masters of darkness and deception back at Imperial intelligence just can't manage to track the smuggler there because the Republic renta cops on Coruscant are on high alert. Makes no sense.

I am reasonable and understand what the Devs are trying to prevent here. I just feel in this case they have chosen a massively lazy way out when simply choosing a path of limitation would have made soo much more sense.

I understand that to give access to one class you would have to give it to them all, but I think that is still possible with some limitations.

According to the polls Coruscant was the planet nearly all players were excited to see, with only a few slightly interested in Dromund Kas. I just think Imperial players are kinda getting the shaft. I even wonder if this development decision could affect some of the faction balance.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:20 am

Deirbhile wrote:
Hmm well this kinda ticks me off a little bit...I'll tell you why.

Coruscant is the pulsing capital of the Galaxy, with trillions of lifeforms from all walks of life. Anyone can disappear there, and there isn't anything their security forces can do about it, as long as they don't make themselves obvious. In the books, beings from all sides, Sith, Jedi,Bounty hunters, terrorists, whatever...are all there throughout the timeline.

I do understand you can't have thousands of Sith Warriors in full gear parading around the senate district, but maybe they could block off certain areas, or at least have some limited questing in the lower areas. But to keep ALL Imperial players blocked from entering the atmosphere is just wrong.

Honestly I already thought this might happen so I'm not surprised. But Coruscant was the planet I was looking most forward to seeing with my Bounty Hunter, not an Alt. I tend to invest my time in one Character.

We got to face it that Republic Aligned players get all the access to the best Damn planet in the Galaxy, While Imperials get Dromund Kas. And that planet is about as appealing to me as decorating my house like a cold haunted hospital.

Guess I'll be drowning my sorrows on Nar Shadda...my second favorite Smile

I completely agree... accept for the part about Dromund Kass, it still looks pretty cool to me.
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:05 am

I'm not saying Dromund Kass is bad, it's just not for me, I'm sure they took great care in designing it.

My point it's just not as iconic as Coruscant. I'm sure, though maybe to a less extent if Republic players woke up tomorrow and heard they couldn't visit Tatooine at all there would be some annoyed voices out there.

At the Bioware forums you don't really hear the Republic players getting upset about having no access to Dromund Kass, but that's because Dromund Kass is for the most part unkown.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 am

Deirbhile wrote:
I'm not saying Dromund Kass is bad, it's just not for me, I'm sure they took great care in designing it.

My point it's just not as iconic as Coruscant. I'm sure, though maybe to a less extent if Republic players woke up tomorrow and heard they couldn't visit Tatooine at all there would be some annoyed voices out there.

At the Bioware forums you don't really hear the Republic players getting upset about having no access to Dromund Kass, but that's because Dromund Kass is for the most part unkown.

Well yes i understand what you are saying. Coruscant is definitely a ton more iconic than Dromund Kass. I do like the look of Dromund Kass so far but it a pretty big blow to not be able to visit Coruscant.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:43 am

I can see the reasons for doing this, but they could have done it a little better. Maybe in the future they will change it so as to allow Sith players to visit Coruscant but only certain areas, while in others they would be attacked by guards.
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Deirbhile wrote:
Picture this scenario:

A smuggler just scored a massive haul of credits after his last mission, dangerous and deadly as it was, he inadvertently blew up a shuttle carrying an Imperial Moff. But still escaped with his life and a ton of credits cashed in. Well this of course really pisses off the Imperials and the smuggler effectively receives a death mark on his head. with one of the most massive bounties in galactic history placed on him.

There is no need for the smuggler to spend his life looking over his shoulder however, He can just hang up his blasters on Coruscant and retire. Everything is there he would ever need, why in the world would he want to leave?

Bounty hunters cant go there, because they work for the Imperials, even the masters of darkness and deception back at Imperial intelligence just can't manage to track the smuggler there because the Republic renta cops on Coruscant are on high alert. Makes no sense.

I am reasonable and understand what the Devs are trying to prevent here. I just feel in this case they have chosen a massively lazy way out when simply choosing a path of limitation would have made soo much more sense.

I understand that to give access to one class you would have to give it to them all, but I think that is still possible with some limitations.

According to the polls Coruscant was the planet nearly all players were excited to see, with only a few slightly interested in Dromund Kas. I just think Imperial players are kinda getting the shaft. I even wonder if this development decision could affect some of the faction balance.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Though I will probably roll as a Trooper, it wouldn't be fun/logical if Imperial players can't visit Coruscant.
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet
Test: Davan Kelhur

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm

I can understand maybe the upper levels being restricted to just Republic classes but the lower lowers make no sense, should be lots of imperials to kill down there.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:37 pm

I heard in an interview that they had already stated that there were some planets that would be faction-only, and I gathered that it would probably include the faction's capitals, but in the same interview they stated that you will be able to visit the opposite faction's faction-only worlds on certain missions, so it wouldn't surprise me that you'll get to go to Coruscant/Dromund Kaas for certain instances.
Back to top Go down
Tristram Kell
Hunter
Hunter
Tristram Kell

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 pm

of course, the ironic thing is that Coruscant will almost certain include Imperial NPCs that the Republic players will take down as part of missions etc.

It's a bit of a blow but at least it's softened somewhat if we can get there for instances as the interview Typho mentions seems to suggest.
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Typho Raame wrote:
I heard in an interview that they had already stated that there were some planets that would be faction-only, and I gathered that it would probably include the faction's capitals, but in the same interview they stated that you will be able to visit the opposite faction's faction-only worlds on certain missions, so it wouldn't surprise me that you'll get to go to Coruscant/Dromund Kaas for certain instances.

If this is true, then I can live with it. But if we wouldn't be able to visit it at all wouldn't be good.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:59 am

I agreee. Instances would be nice, however I would much rather be able to fully explore the planet... or at least the lower levels.
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:41 am

I'm willing to compromise with an instance to at least get to see it.

I really wish the devs would clarify and not just leave us hanging on such a note.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant is Republic only   Coruscant is Republic only Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coruscant is Republic only
Page 1 of 1