Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_lcap38%Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_lcap8%Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_lcap0%Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_lcap0%Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_lcap54%Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_lcapWell this is annoying....>.>  Voting_barWell this is annoying....>.>  Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Well this is annoying....>.>  Vote_lcapWell this is annoying....>.>  Voting_barWell this is annoying....>.>  Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Well this is annoying....>.>

Go down 
+2
Tristram Kell
Nuscian Mandrayk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuscian Mandrayk
Shade
Shade
Nuscian Mandrayk

Character sheet
Test: Galactic Trade Commissions private physician

Well this is annoying....>.>  Empty
PostSubject: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Just got linked this articles...

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6322428.html

http://www.curse.com/articles/swtor-en-news/970461.aspx

Well all and all that's pretty annoying, EA is kinder really grasping at straws trying to have a go at Steam o.O Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Tristram Kell
Hunter
Hunter
Tristram Kell

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:08 pm

To me, it sounds more like EA wanting customers details so it can spam them with DLC and product information in order make more money. It strikes me as a little bit silly for them to withdraw their stuff from steam and alienate their player base like this.

I've always been happy with Steam, I've been with the program since it's conception on the release of HL2. I've always been impressed by the sales, user-friendliness and customer support (my account was hacked once & they sorted it within 2 days)

If you can buy a boxed copy of SWTOR, I'll definitely do that. I want to avoid EA's digital distribution service (Origin) like the plague. The company has always been a bit too profit-oriented and DRM crazy for my liking. And the Origin terms and conditions apparently carry this clause:-

Quote :
You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol 37683v1 Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. If you do not want EA to collect, use, store, transmit, or display the data described in this section, please do not install or use the application.

All in all, something I'm not too fond of.
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet
Test: Cookies?

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:34 pm

ugh -.-' I've NEVER been happy with EA's crappy online systems and I have absolutely 0 faith in Origins... I'm definitely picking up a physical copy of SWTOR.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:24 am

I have never purchased a digital copy of a game in my life and I have no intention of doing so now, or at anytime in the future.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:58 am

Origin confuses me. It was the EA Download Manager, and marketplace. Then EA changes it to Origin, and it's the exact same program, with a different logo. They're pretty stupid to start taking things off steam, a lot of gamers use it as there main source of games these days.

I bought Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 off the EA marketplace a while back, now Origin. It seems less intrusive then steam, doesn't have to be running, as steam does, when you're playing a game. Just click on the game's icon on the desktop and the game starts, not Origin. So, I don't even see the service, just when I downloaded and installed the games. I actually have the steam in-game overlay on the both of them, for the web browsing, and it all works fine. I can't really understand the big uproar about the actual service, as it was a service for a longtime before it was called Origin. I can understand the anger about pulling there games off steam though, that just seems like it'll hurt them in the bank, there most treasured of all places.
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:44 pm

I just don't like EA I've had insane trouble with them before getting locked out of account and purchased DLCs and games disappearing... and their support is TERRIBLE if they try to force me to buy their games from them directly I'll be seriously annoyed. Their support is really really really terrible.... takes ages to get a response and when you finally do(like a week later) they don't actually fix the problem so you have to wait another 2-3 days -.-'
Back to top Go down
Quaestor Totekem
Recruit
Recruit
Quaestor Totekem

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Well good news everyone, SW:TOR has been announced to be Origin digital exclusive, and even if they flip flop on that decision it will be the same story as half life 2, buy the physical edition all you want you still can't play it unless you activate Origin,

this is a terrible move by EA, I know it has already cost them players and us potential GTC members, my friend Stephen was a hell of a lot more excited about TOR than I have been and just put off joining the GTC till nearer release, now there is no point to him joining as he has said that he will never buy TOR while it is only on Origin,

Now i usually give every mmo that comes out a fair chance, but to be honest, I am beginning to think the same way as Stephen, and that saddens me
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:55 pm

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/16/bioware-clarifies-swtor-exclusivity-on-origins/

Article, with link to what the bioware guy said on the forums with it.

I found it to confuse me more then it clarified my brain. Though I think it says that origin is on the DVD, but it's optional? Like it gives you the check boxes of things to install, and origin will be there, most likely checked, and you'll have to uncheck it. That's what I got from the post, could be wrong though. Either way, EA is just being stupid. Sure, they may make more money if they sell from themselves directly, but nobody seems to like that option, so there gonna lose money they could have gotten by having more options of digital retailers. scratch It's like they think there Blizzard, but they forget they don't have the die hard fan base.
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:25 pm

If I have to use origin I will seriously contemplate not buying the game at all... I hope it's how you say that it's just included but optional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well this is annoying....>.>    Well this is annoying....>.>  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well this is annoying....>.>
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Galactic Trade Commission Forum :: Announcements-
Jump to: