Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_lcap38%Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_lcap8%Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_lcap0%Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_lcap0%Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_lcap54%Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_lcapEstimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Voting_barEstimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_lcapEstimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Voting_barEstimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Empty
PostSubject: Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release   Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:15 am

So, a couple of days ago, I was looking on the TOROcast forums, and I came across this. It's a closely examined and a very detailed analysis on the release date of SW:TOR, or, from what he gathered, the logical date:

kmarst wrote:
OK I'm going to assume a lot of things here so bear with me.

My first assumption is that Bioware will not release the game before the entire Holonet is announced.
OK, so let's walk through the Holonet.

First classes: There are four left to be announced.
Now, I'm going to sidetrack and speculate on classes for a second. I'm going to base my theory on class types. Jedi knight and sith infiltrator are pretty much guaranteed.
Trooper and BH - ranged dps
Jedi knight and Sith Warrior - melee dps
smuggler and sith infiltrator - de-buffs/snares and the like
The last two I want to call a support class. Healer or group buffs. Officer or medic and moff or something similar.

OK, planets: In the holonet we have a top row of 5 planets with Balmorra on its own below it when you get the pop-up menu by hovering the mouse over "planets" There is room for four planets left to be announced.

Allegiances and factions: There is a row of three on top with the fourth one on a line below, but the box has room for a third row. That's 5.
Were probably getting information on the involvement of the Hutts, madalorians and the smugglers alliance. We might get black sun and a general one for the the various resistance groups on planets like Balmorra and Ord Mantel.

Timeline: There is a timeline video for every little notch on the top of the timelines video streamer.
There are 15 notches left.

Then there are four question mark boxes left with however many announcements fit in each of those. If we go by an average of the other categories and cut out the timeline for shifting the average. We get 9.

4 classes + 4 planets + 5 factions + 15 timelines + 3x9 question marks = 55

That is 55 weeks 'til the game is released assuming the announce one a week, don't skip a week. Plus they have a developer blog and making of video every now and then.

Long story short:
I think we are looking at a release around Christmas next year.

Thanks for bearing with me
-KJ

So, I want to hear your thoughts on this. Discuss in any way you wish.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release   Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:20 am

It sounds like a perfectly reasonable analysis, conclusion and date to me.

However, I would have guessed Christmas next year without looking at all the facts anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release   Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:24 am

Interesting Suspect
I personaly believe that Bioware may make more than one update per week as the game nears completion. And given we've seen several gameplay videos, i would think that mid-year next year would be a more likely release date.
To tell you the truth I would prefer to play it end of next year, since by then I would have finished my uni studies and would have the time to play an MMO Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release   Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Estimated Time of SW:TOR's Release
Page 1 of 1