Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_lcap38%SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_lcap8%SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_lcap0%SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_lcap0%SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_lcap54%SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
    May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar
    Top posters
    Typho Raame
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_lcapSWGemu- I recommend looking at it Voting_barSWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_rcap 
    Davan Kelhur
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_lcapSWGemu- I recommend looking at it Voting_barSWGemu- I recommend looking at it Vote_rcap 
    Darc Akora
    Owen Keez
    The Vigos
    Jax Nova
    Rasper Karger
    Tal'nar Galon
    Garen Odias
    Gár The Grim
    Latest topics
    » Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
    SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

SWGemu- I recommend looking at it

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Empty
    PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:33 pm

this i awesome but can you post the torrant. That would be great
    Back to top Go down
    Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:11 pm

will this work on mac?
    Back to top Go down
    Jax Nova
    Trader / Intelligence Agent
    Jax Nova

Character sheet
    Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:42 am

I can't be bothered downloading torrents right now, I have too much study to do.
    Back to top Go down
    Jax Nova
    Jax Nova

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:21 am

I use a program called Bitcomet for all my torrent needs, you may want to try that phyrex.
    I just tried to torrent now and it brought up Bitcomet and started downloading so it works.
    Back to top Go down
    Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
    Test: Typho Raame

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Phyrex, you need to really back down. What you said could be pretty offensive to him, ok? So, just calm down. I'll check it out on the weekend or something, and see what I can find. But, in the meantime, just search for a guide on the net or something, to see if it helps.
    Back to top Go down
    Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:32 am

It's alright. Just the "It would probably be great if you could be of any use" almost sounds like you're calling him useless.

Anyway, be patient, and I shall look into trying to figure out how to work this. Won't be in the week, because I'll be busy, so on the weekend, I'll have a look at some guides or something and see what I can find.
    Back to top Go down
    Jax Nova
    Jax Nova

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 am

phyrex havoc wrote:

i can deny id love it to Sad me and roden had cool plans for some kind of survival/hunting compagny together lol

You'll get your chance once TOR comes out, i'm sure.
    Back to top Go down
    Tal'nar Galon
    Trooper First Class / Propaganda Agent
    Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet
    Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Ustain wrote:
    How many people here have ever heard of the Star Wars MMO already in existence?

Well the current version of the game is pretty much crap, the original version released at launch was extremely amazing. However early in the games history the people at SOE, the developer, messed the whole game up with a patch called the Combat Upgrade, or CU for short.

However for the last couple years a small group of dedicated fans have been working on remaking the code from the original game!!! best of all its free!!!!! and not illegal!

In order to play the game you must own the original disks, however you can also torrent the game online. EDIT heres your torrent link for all those that need it

The SWGemu website has an installation walkthrough in the forum section of the site.

You also have to make a username on the site and thats ur log in information once you begin playing the game.

I think it would be a great idea if everyone got involved and began playing, if for no other reason than its extremly star warsy and fun for messing around, Rping ect.

Just reinstalled it again. Any of you still play it / want to play it?
    Back to top Go down
    Tal'nar Galon
    Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Retocov wrote:
    Eh, tried this before long time ago. Pretty complex thing to download and fix with, i couldnt get it to work then, dont think ill be bothered now. elephant

Altough i have the 'Complete collection' or something wich is all SWG dvd's.

When you have installed the complete edition.. You just need to download the Enchanced Launch pad (or whatever it's called ^^), and it'll install EMU for you.
    Back to top Go down
    Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 pm

I have been thinking that, since SW:TOR isn't coming out for another year and a bit, and we haven't had any word of the Beta being released to the public, that we will need some form of multiplayer game to pass the time, so we can make sure activity levels stay high and people won't get bored. After discussing with my fellow Vigos, I decided that I would check out the Star Wars Galaxies Pre Combat Upgrade Emulator (SWGemu). I've downloaded it, and have got everything working (despite what others have said, it isn't too complicated to get working, if you have basic common sense and can understand instructions). So, for those who are interested, I will post a series step by step instructions to get it working:

Here are the steps:

(For those who have a Torrent Download Program, skip to Step 5.)

1. Go to http://www.bittorrent.com
    2. Click the big green download button.
    3. Once it has downloaded, click the BitTorrent icon.
    4. It should start up with an install file and such. Follow all the prompts and everything. Right before you click the "Install" button, un-tick any little box that says anything to do with "Ask.com". You don't need it or want it.
    5. Once BitTorrent is installed, open it up and go to the browse area and search "SWGemu" (the search bar is up the top right of the program).
    6. A page should pop-up and you can choose any of the links (I recommend choosing the first link as it worked for me).
    7. It should relocate your page to a new page that has a button that says "Download" in green letters. Click it. A pop-up should occur. Press save file.
    8. A small file should download and another BitTorrent icon should appear on your desktop. Double click it and the full download of SWGemu should begin and pop-up in the BitTorrent program (It is 2.20 gigabytes so it might take some time to download).

Alright, so you've downloaded it. Time to install it. Here are the steps:

1. A little bubble should have popped-up from the BitTorrent icon in your toolbar. Click it and a folder containing the necessary files for SWGemu should appear. Ignore the folder for the moment.
    2. Go to http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/236/ and download Daemon Tools 3.47. The download button is on the top right.
    3. Double click the Daemon Tools 3.47 file and install it.
    4. Once it has downloaded, double click the icon that has now appeared on your desktop and a little red lightning bolt in a silver circle should appear on your toolbar. Right click it and scroll your mouse onto the Virtual CD/DVD-ROM option.
    5. Click Set Number of Devices and choose the 3 Devices option (They will come up as Device 0, Device 1 and Device 3).
    6. Load the Devices up with the "SWG_CD1", "SWG_CD2" and "SWG_CD3" making sure that "SWG_CD1 is in Device 0, "SWG_CD2" in is Device 1 and "SWG_CD3" is in Device 3 (You will find the necessary files to mount the drives with in the "SWG_PRECU" folder.
    7. The Star Wars Galaxy PRECU Emulator start-up viewer should appear and you can now install the game.
    8. The install will ask for you to swap to disc two at one point. It will come up with a message which has the CD Drive that it will want you to enter. Type in the drive that has the Device 1. For me it was the E drive. Following this step when it asks for disc three.
    9. Go back to the SWG_PRECU folder and go to both the "IMPORTANT" folder and the "PATCH_00-13" folder, and copy all files in there into the Star Wars Galaxies folder once it has fully installed.
    10. Before trying to play the game, make sure you download Launchpad Enhanced. You can find it at http://launchpad.thewildclan.com/. Install it, and you will now refer to that icon only for playing Star Wars Galaxies, as the normal icon for Star Wars Galaxies doesn't work.
    11. Before you being playing, make sure you go to the SWGemu website. The URL is http://www.swgemu.com/. Create an account there, as this will be the account that you use for Star Wars Galaxies.
    12. Once you've done all that, double click the Launchpad Enhanced.exe file and run the program and make sure that the server is set to "Test Nova Center". It will download any necessary patches (It's around 644 Mb so be patient).
    13. After that, a big button saying "Play" should appear on the Launchpad. Press it, and you'll load into Star Wars Galaxies. Typho in your Username and Password (The same username and password from your account on the SWGemu website). After you've logged in, you should be fine to play Star Wars Galaxies Pre-Combat Upgrade Emulator. Enjoy.

If you encounter any problems, please feel free to Private Message me.

Last edited by Typho Raame on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Back to top Go down
    Owen Keez
    Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
    Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
    Owen Keez

Character sheet
    Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:14 am

Very nice instructions Typho. Just got it now.
    Back to top Go down
    Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:38 am

I'm now sure how often people receive mail, whether it's instantaneous or if it only shows up when you log on.

Anyway, we're going to have to have a place to meet each time we get together. There's tonnes of star ports and stuff an 10 planets, so it might get complicated.
    Back to top Go down
    Jax Nova
    Jax Nova

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:59 am

I'm downloading it now. Should be fun Cool
    Back to top Go down
    Tal'nar Galon
    Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Well, I'm into the regular SWG again. To bad I hadn't seen this before Ö
    Back to top Go down
    Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:21 am

Apparently there's a way which converts the current Star Wars Galaxies version back into the Pre-CU Emulator. I'm not sure how its done, but they tell you how to do it on the site. I can of course understand if you wouldn't want to do this.
    Back to top Go down
    Tal'nar Galon
    Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Typho Raame wrote:
    Apparently there's a way which converts the current Star Wars Galaxies version back into the Pre-CU Emulator. I'm not sure how its done, but they tell you how to do it on the site. I can of course understand if you wouldn't want to do this.
    Yeah, I've done that before Smile. Just download the Enchanced Launch-Pad and it does everything for you.
    But now I resubb'd and restarted a new toon on the normal SWG, I think I'll be hooked on it for a few weeks Razz.
    Back to top Go down
    Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 am

I haven't played it in a couple of months to tell you the truth. Nothing really appealed that much to me, and the game mechanics weren't all that user friendly. Also, questing was very boring, so, I stopped playing.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWGemu- I recommend looking at it   SWGemu- I recommend looking at it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWGemu- I recommend looking at it
    Page 1 of 1