Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
The SW:TOR HUD Vote_lcap38%The SW:TOR HUD Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
The SW:TOR HUD Vote_lcap8%The SW:TOR HUD Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
The SW:TOR HUD Vote_lcap0%The SW:TOR HUD Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
The SW:TOR HUD Vote_lcap0%The SW:TOR HUD Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
The SW:TOR HUD Vote_lcap54%The SW:TOR HUD Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
The SW:TOR HUD Vote_lcapThe SW:TOR HUD Voting_barThe SW:TOR HUD Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

The SW:TOR HUD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

The SW:TOR HUD Empty
PostSubject: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:24 pm

I was bored, so I found an image (Which I got off the SW:TOR Forums) of the SW:TOR HUD that will be used. I'm posting this, so you can all have a look at it, and analyse it and whatnot.
However, I would like to direct your attention to the name that was used for the Sith Character. Have a look at it, and hate it. I hope that the devs will put a block on such names in the future. Also, have a look at the Bounty Hunter's name... "Fetto".
So, here's the link. Have fun with it. I like how they made the HUD look all mechanical, so it would fit into SW:TOR, and not just a black sort of bar.
Some cool looking Feats or Powers that should be noted in the HUD. Don't know what they are, but they look good regardless. Also, I think that the yellow bar underneath the red bar will probably be the "Force Points", whilst the long yellow bar at the bottom of the HUD will be the experience.
One last thing. If you look up the top left of the screen, you can see the names of the first ever official missions that has been viewed by the public. "The Black Talon" and "The Taking of The Black Talon". Plus up the top right, I believe it shows your current mission, which is now "Journey into Fire", and it shows your current orders/objectives.

Last edited by Typho Raame on Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet
Test: Davan Kelhur

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Well sadly thats gonna be happening a lot with the names, loads of jedis trying to be OB1.

The HUD looks good, i'm guessing therewill be a yellow bar for non force users aswell? for more powerful attacks
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Nice hud. LOL Darthevil and Fetto
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Davan Kelhur wrote:
Well sadly thats gonna be happening a lot with the names, loads of jedis trying to be OB1.

The HUD looks good, i'm guessing therewill be a yellow bar for non force users aswell? for more powerful attacks
Aye, I'd assume that yellow for Bounty Hunters would be for their flamethrower. The amount of time that it can be used until it either overheats, or needs a refueling.
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Just trying to think what it could be for the smuggler and trooper class?

Smuggler could be stealth i suppose hmmm. Trooper rapid shot, power shot etc. like in KOTOR
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Typho Raame wrote:
Davan Kelhur wrote:

Aye, I'd assume that yellow for Bounty Hunters would be for their flamethrower. The amount of time that it can be used until it either overheats, or needs a refueling.

or it could be for his jet pack. and when it runs out he needs to wait for it to recharge.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Man, I just thought that. As soon as I saw you say "Trooper", I said to myself, it would have to be Rapid Shot.
However, I just had another thought. The Bounty Hunter's bar will more likely be for their jetpack, I have to say. Well, of course, it would be for multiple things. It could just be the Special Power/Feat bar, and is utilised for a many number of special feats or powers.
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:56 pm

True it will most likely be for multiple things, so jet pack and flamethrower, perhaps a locater to find someone as well, their location will flash on the mini map until the bar runs out.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:59 pm

what bar are we talking about?
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:03 pm

The yellow bar situated underneath the full red bar. The yellow bar we're talking about only has a couple of yellow rectangles left in it.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:07 pm

ok thats on the sith and the Bh may have a differnt bar but im guessing its going to be like mana in other mmos that all abilities need to be able to use it.
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:10 pm

I like the looks of the fire as well (and the smoke) much better detail than i expected
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought when I first saw the fire. I like it how BioWare tries to make all those little details as realistic as they can, yet keep them in the TOR-looking, so they don't look TOO realistic, while you have slightly cartoonish looking characters.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:10 am

Looks cool Very Happy , I hope that Bioware at least stops people from using 'darth' in their names. Otherwise the HUD looks like that from just about any other mmo, for our conveniance. Razz Looking forward to more screenies.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Yet you didn't have it up close and in detail, with actual viewable gameplay footage and names and icons and stuff. So, I win, and you should have posted this first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:52 pm

I don't think you posted the image link I have up there. You don't work THAT fast, mate. Might have posted the one with Evil Spanish Dude, but not the one from the Vid Doc 3. Ah well. This is pointless arguing. Point is, I posted the current image here.
Talk about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Well, those skills are just in a quick-bar, I think. You know, just put them out of your list and into the quick-bar for easy access.
Samm posted in the forums, saying that it'll come tonight. They got back from vacation and he was just really tired, and needed a rest.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:05 am

Mater Rex wrote:
thats what i thought (about the skill thing) but ... only 8 ???
Well, it could be how NeverWinter Nights 2 did it. They'd have a quick-bar of about eight to ten, yet you could click an arrow that will move it down into another list of quick-bar buttons. In all, you could have 120, so perhaps TOR will do that.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Jax Nova

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:59 am

Typho Raame wrote:
Mater Rex wrote:
thats what i thought (about the skill thing) but ... only 8 ???
Well, it could be how NeverWinter Nights 2 did it. They'd have a quick-bar of about eight to ten, yet you could click an arrow that will move it down into another list of quick-bar buttons. In all, you could have 120, so perhaps TOR will do that.

In WoW they had 12 quick-action buttons, but you could scroll down 10 other rows, but the coool thing was you could add more rows, to appear on the creen at once. Two appeared side by side just above the existing actionbars and other buttons, and two more appeared vertically at the right side of the screen, here a nice example.

The SW:TOR HUD Actionbars

I don't see why they cant do something similar in TOR.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 am

I don't think TOR will implement that because it will be a bit crowded. Sure, I'd be happy with it, but I think that the devs want it to be stuck down in the HUD area and not coming up into the game area. Still, it might happen, if enough people want it. I like thinking my HUD as what you'd have inside your helmet, or a mini-computer on your wrist. It would show all your vitals and all that jazz.
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Trooper First Class / Propaganda Agent
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 pm

I like it! Not too fancy and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Jax Nova

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:03 am

Well MMOs can have infinate hours of gameplay, with new content being added every few months, and many people make multiple characters.
Anyway the actionbars in WoW can be filled with links to potions, food, and proffessions, not just skills. Even so no one uses EVERY skill in the game, so there can be some empty slots. All I wanted to show was how more actionbars could be added and used, IF someone wanted to.
And now that I think of it, I'm thinking TOR won't have that many skills, since the classes are so specialized. In WoW many classes can perform multiple roles, ie, heal, tank and damage, and therefore have many skills at their disposal. I'm thinking TOR classes will have a smaller number of skills since theres really only one way they can fight, and they also don't have magic at their disposal lol.
They Sith and Jedi may have a larger number of skills given their forcepowers, but the others are limted to what theycan do depending on their gear and personal traits.
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:29 am

Quote :
I'm thinking TOR won't have that many skills, since the classes are so specialized

I like this sentence Smile. I never like having to much skills Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SW:TOR HUD   The SW:TOR HUD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The SW:TOR HUD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Galactic Trade Commission Forum :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: