Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_lcap38%IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_lcap8%IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_lcap0%IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_lcap0%IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_lcap54%IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_lcapIMPORTANT: Please Read Voting_barIMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
IMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_lcapIMPORTANT: Please Read Voting_barIMPORTANT: Please Read Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

IMPORTANT: Please Read

Go down 
+4
Nuscian Mandrayk
Deirbhile
Violet
Darc Akora
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

IMPORTANT: Please Read Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:37 am

Members of the GTC,

I am going to be extremely frank and forthcoming with you in this post. At this moment, the Galactic Trade Commission is far from the place that it used to be and what I feel it deserves to be. Activity and participation are both down, and the overall mood seems to be somewhat more somber than in past times. To add to that, we have lost both Vigos on the Republic side of the guild and leadership is an area of concern. The game seems to be coming closer and closer to an imminent release, and instead of growing strong and becoming more visible, the GTC is losing power and prominence.

This is all unwelcome news, however I do not bring an end to the issues either. Quite simply, I have neither the will nor the time to lead the GTC into the release of the game. While I am free to run the guild for the remainder of the summer, once the school year starts I will be beginning college and I do not feel that I would be able to devote adequate time to running the GTC. I could take chances and attempt to better the GTC now and hope I have time later, but I feel this just runs the risk of having me at my weakest just as the game will likely be released. This brings a wealth of problems and is certainly not the time for an absence of a leader. However, regardless of my other commitments, the more important issue is that I do not have the will to run this guild anymore. I am tired and worn down after 2 and a half years here and I find my energy to push further is low. Running a guild is hard work, even with 2 other Vigos beside me and the game not even released. I can not continue here as a leader.

This creates and obvious problem of what to do with the GTC, but with a far from obvious solution. I feel that passing on leadership haphazardly in these conditions would be a recipe for disaster. If the leader was not competent and hardworking, then the guild would suffer a long and drawn out death. As Kreia would say, "It is such a quiet thing to fall." Thus, I have decided to open up the position of Vigo to any member of the GTC that can prove to me they have a comprehensive plan to revive the GTC and can explain in detail why they should be named leader of the guild. I am opening up a period of 1 week, starting tomorrow(Monday the 25th), where I will be taking applications for Vigo. I want to know how you will make the GTC strong again, what you will change, and what makes you deserving of the position. Be detailed and convince me that you are the one for the job. As I said, this is open to anyone member of the guild, even recruits, however note that experience, activity, and contributions will all play a part in this. Not everyone is on a level playing field, but I promise that I will consider every application.

Following the 1 week period where I will recieve applications, I will choose a few finalists(undecided as of how many now), and then have another 1 week period where I will "interview" the finalists. I will make a decision shortly after this process is concluded if there is someone worth promoting to Vigo. Note that I say if. If I do not believe that someone deserves to lead the GTC after conducting this process, I reserve the right to shut down the guild. If I do choose someone to promote, I will most likely stay on for some period of time as a sort of training and advisory period. I have a feeling in my gut that I should shut down the guild regardless so that the inevitable in not delayed, so this is your chance to prove me wrong. Show me that you want the GTC to continue and that you have a plan to make it happen.

General questions or comments to this issue are welcome in this thread, but please PM me all applications.

-Vigo Akora

EDIT: Just a quick note about potential concern for one person leading both Republic and Empire sides of the guild. Right now I would plan to only select one leader and have that person decide how to deal with the issue of the separate sides. My suggestion to them would be of course to find someone who is able to lead the other side and promote them to lead jointly. Though if I am impressed with 2 people enough, I may consider promoting 2 people.
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet
Test: Cookies?

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Sooo when will we see the result of this? aww It's a bit suspenseful you know bounce
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:00 am

Well I am still accepting applications until Monday, so that would be the earliest. If I continue with interviews next week, then I would say that by the following Monday I will announce the results.
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:09 am

I'm very sorry to hear this, this is a good guild. Just remember it's nothing you did wrong, sometimes no matter how great an idea is, sometimes it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm

A quick update: all decisions have now been PMed out and I have chosen 2 people to move on and participate in interviews. This does not mean that I have decided to shut down or not shut down the GTC, but simply that I need further information to decide. If the interviews prove to be unsatisfactory to me, then I still reserve the right to shut down the guild.

-Vigo Akora
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:50 pm

After completing the interview process, I have finally come to the decision that the GTC should continue in the hands of new leadership. It is my opinion that multiple people in a leadership position can often provide better for the a guild than a single person. This, as well as the fact that I was greatly impressed by both interviews of two finalists, have let me to choose 2 people to promote to Vigo.

Thus I extend a great congratulations to your two Vigos, Lisara Novar and Garen Odias. I hope that you will all lend them your support as they try to rebuilt the guild and bring it back to a great place. The have a long job ahead of them and will need everything that you can do. I will personally stay on in an advisory role for a couple weeks to help with the transition process.

Good luck Vigos Novar and Odias.

-Vigo Akora
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet
Test: Cookies?

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Congratulations!! aww I'm sure you'll both do fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nuscian Mandrayk
Shade
Shade
Nuscian Mandrayk

Character sheet
Test: Galactic Trade Commissions private physician

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Congratulations ^^ great to see you too passed and now we can get back to rebuilding! And I think we are all ready to help Smile

*bows elegantly*

Doctor Nuscian Mandrayk at your service Razz
Back to top Go down
Garen Odias
Comitatus Vigo
Comitatus Vigo
Garen Odias

Character sheet
Test: Silent as Night, Swift as Wind, Devastating as Fire

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Thank you! We will both try our best, I'm sure, to get the ball rolling once more. We just need to decide how we are going to do that, what changes we are going to make, etc. I can promise you guys one thing though, you will all be central to the process, and we are certainly going to need to pull together to make this work.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 am

I can't express the amount of joy I feel to know the guild isn't shutting down. I wish both of you the best of luck and, of course, I'll be there reporting for duty!
Back to top Go down
Tristram Kell
Hunter
Hunter
Tristram Kell

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Well done to the both of you for stepping forward to fill the roles. I'll be around to offer my support in what's to come. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:04 am

Whoa, someone slap me. I leave for a month, and come back to find the guild under new management. What next...
Anyway, cangrats to Novar and Odias, I am ready to do what it takes, to make this guild better, once I get back from my vacation. That is if the guild is still around when i get back. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Please Read   IMPORTANT: Please Read Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Please Read
Page 1 of 1