Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Happy midsummer! Vote_lcap38%Happy midsummer! Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Happy midsummer! Vote_lcap8%Happy midsummer! Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Happy midsummer! Vote_lcap0%Happy midsummer! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Happy midsummer! Vote_lcap0%Happy midsummer! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Happy midsummer! Vote_lcap54%Happy midsummer! Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Happy midsummer! Vote_lcapHappy midsummer! Voting_barHappy midsummer! Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Happy midsummer!

Go down 
+4
Garen Odias
Tristram Kell
Nuscian Mandrayk
Violet
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet
Test: Cookies?

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Not sure if any of you celebrate it but still :3
Back to top Go down
Nuscian Mandrayk
Shade
Shade
Nuscian Mandrayk

Character sheet
Test: Galactic Trade Commissions private physician

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Nothing wrong with a reason to celebrate Razz not heard many around here celebrate it for a while but that no reason not to :3

*raises glass* HAPPY MIDSUMMER
Back to top Go down
Tristram Kell
Hunter
Hunter
Tristram Kell

Character sheet
Test: 4235

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Apparently some folks gather on the top of one of the mountains here to celebrate. Sounds quite interesting. I'm not sure I like all this still-light-at-half-ten malarky though. Is it something you celebrate Vi?

Have a felicitous solstice, all!
Back to top Go down
Garen Odias
Comitatus Vigo
Comitatus Vigo
Garen Odias

Character sheet
Test: Silent as Night, Swift as Wind, Devastating as Fire

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Does this celebration involce/encourage drinking? If so, I can get behind it!
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet
Test: Davan Kelhur

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 pm

I'm am sure it encourages heavy use of certain types of drugs so drinking will be fine Razz
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:47 pm

It's an old viking holiday and it involves a LOT of drinking... which is probably why we never got rid of it when we converted to christanity Razz Basically dance around the giant... thing... (well the kids do I'm a bit old for that Razz) and then you invite your family over for lots of food and drinking Razz We didn't have any people over this year though but that was kinda nice we sometimes have over 30 people here... most of which are drunk >.<
Back to top Go down
Riley Hawk
Recruit
Recruit

Character sheet
Test: 4235

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:38 am

Well, that certainly isn't something I've heard of here in the American west, but as Garen says, if it involves drinking, I could probably get behind it. ( Although I've never been a heavy drinker -- and even less since my kids came along -- I have been known to occasionally get what I affectionally call my "woo-hoos" and make a proper fool of myself. )

Speaking of reasons for getting together with friends and drinking, since many of us seem to be from different parts of the world, how many think they might be coming to the first TOR "fan faire" ( or whatever they end up calling it..? )

I attended the Fan Faire for Sony two years, but that was because it was being held in Las Vegas, NV, and at the time that was only about 2 hours from me. My participation would probably depend on location ( mostly because of trying to convince the husband that it's a good reason to go anyway.. ); what about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Garen Odias
Comitatus Vigo
Comitatus Vigo
Garen Odias

Character sheet
Test: Silent as Night, Swift as Wind, Devastating as Fire

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:39 am

I wouldn't mind it, but cost and time would be an issue. I'd need a clear time when I'm not supposed to be at classes/lectures for a while, and I'd also need the money for plane tickets, food, accomodation and travel (and considering I'm only in a weekend job, money is a /little/ limited on my part).
Back to top Go down
Yana Benora
Runner
Runner
Yana Benora

Character sheet
Test: GTC's unofficial Mechanical engineer, gunslinger and pilot

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Midsummer happent 21th of June to be very correct, and yes there is drinking and eating as its a celebration of life at its fullest. A couple of years ago I went to a asetru midsommer celebration, raised a pole decorated with flowers and the women danced around it. The pole itsels is a symbol of the male penis
Praising the norse gods and goddess in the ritual and us partisipants could make a toast to who ever god or goddess we wished to and a praise to the people in the group. Ohh did I mention the BIG mead horn used for the toasting, which also was used to pass around the campfire that evening..you can get pretty drunk drinking from such a big horn everytime it passed hehe.

I didnt celebrate it this year due to some personal reason that i couldnt arrange anything at all. I celebrated midsommer last year on my own, but as I see it, every one has their way of celebrating it their own way. There is no doctrin to it the right way. As long you celebrate life itself, but also remember, things die too. Thus the wheel of the year.
Going back in history the celebration we know today like halloween or midwinter soltice (christmass later known) . Easter was and always be orginal pre christian celebration...it has nothing to do with Jesus Christ, it was the powerfull popes and or ever ruled the church back then that made the exuse to turn it into a christian holiday. But there can be numuroes reasons even political how it turned out as we see today.
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Yana Benora wrote:
Midsummer happent 21th of June to be very correct
Mhm but the celebration thingy and holiday(in Sweden at least where it is a national holiday) it's a on a fixed day (like the friday the same week as the actual midsummer or somesuch) for some reason probably because people need the day after off work 'cus of hangovers Razz Sometimes it falls on my sister's birthday for example but not every year don't know what the rule is really I just check the calendar Razz

I can see the pole we raised from my balcony aww

Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 am

Wow... that sounds like quite an interesting holiday. I'd heard of midsummer holiday mentioned before but I never really knew what you did. I am now informed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy midsummer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy midsummer!   Happy midsummer! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy midsummer!
Page 1 of 1