Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Stupid computer is stupid Vote_lcap38%Stupid computer is stupid Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Stupid computer is stupid Vote_lcap8%Stupid computer is stupid Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Stupid computer is stupid Vote_lcap0%Stupid computer is stupid Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Stupid computer is stupid Vote_lcap0%Stupid computer is stupid Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Stupid computer is stupid Vote_lcap54%Stupid computer is stupid Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Stupid computer is stupid Vote_lcapStupid computer is stupid Voting_barStupid computer is stupid Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Stupid computer is stupid Vote_lcapStupid computer is stupid Voting_barStupid computer is stupid Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Stupid computer is stupid

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet
Test: Cookies?

Stupid computer is stupid Empty
PostSubject: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:56 pm

So I bought a new computer because my old one broke down again and it's old enough for me not to care about replacing parts in it 'cus it's.... old...

One of my more tech-savy friends convinced me (against my better judgement) to build it myself and told me he'd help out and that it was easy and all that stuff >.< WELL IT WASN'T!
And he's nowhere to be seen, not online on MSN and never answering the stupid phone and I can't get the stupid thing to work...

After tons of looking in manuals and guides and tinkering about I think I got most of it right... it starts up, all the fans are working, the dvds functions, lights are on... everything is humming.... BUT! I can't get a display on my monitor...

I have THIS: http://www.compusa.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=357296&csid=_21 graphic card...

THIS: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/870A-G54.html motherboard

and THIS: http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&prod=29 PSU

I've connected the powersupply cable (there are two slots on the Graphic card but I only got one cable with the card so I suppose both are not needed??) IT was a 6/8 pin on one end (two six pins slots on the graphic card) you know the ones where two pins are detachable... and sixpin on the other side (and the same colour as the ones that go into the PSU). I've put the Graphic Card into the Motherboard properly, said click and the thingy moved and I can't pull it out if I try... and it fits through the backplate and got screwed on so I assume it's in place... The fans are spinning and everything but nothing shows up on screen...

ANYONE know how to fix this? I haven't installed an OS or anything obviously since I can't see what I'm doing?? HALP?!!!
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Never mind Razz

I, with my infinite techiness, have solved the problem Razz

Only had to canibalize a power cord (since they only gave me one instead of two) and when I plugged it started working Razz

Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:00 pm

New problem!

Only getting 1007MB graphic memory when I should be getting 2GB, what's that about? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Nevermind managed to fix that too Razz I'm awesome aww
Back to top Go down
Zerstoren

Zerstoren

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:23 pm

lol nice Razz
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Haha sounds like an adventure... hopefully you can get it all working well.
Back to top Go down
Nuscian Mandrayk
Shade
Shade
Nuscian Mandrayk

Character sheet
Test: Galactic Trade Commissions private physician

PostSubject: Re: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:31 am

glad too see we helped so much Razz
Back to top Go down
Violet
Ghost
Ghost
Violet

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah totally! The Violet person was super helpful and solved everything for me, so nice.... so kind *sigh* ah... I have to repay this kindness with cookies or something! paranoid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid computer is stupid   Stupid computer is stupid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid computer is stupid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Galactic Trade Commission Forum :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: