Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_lcap38%Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_lcap8%Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_lcap0%Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_lcap0%Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_lcap54%Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_lcapComplain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Voting_barComplain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_lcapComplain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Voting_barComplain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild

Go down 
+2
Davan Kelhur
Tal'nar Galon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tal'nar Galon
Trooper First Class / Propaganda Agent
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet
Test: 4235

Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild   Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:04 pm

A guild is a group of friends, but it requires loyalty as well.
I haven't seen any guild in MMO's that allow people to be in several guilds before.

About the Force using characters. It's not like you're going to be all alone when you're rolling a jedi or a sith. You still know people from the GTC, and Flashpoints will need force using characters, so why not take ours?
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet
Test: Davan Kelhur

PostSubject: Re: Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild   Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Firstly the Galactic Trade Commission very first rule is that it is a guild for non-force using classes, and that will never change. We do however understand that people will want to role Jedi or Sith, I myself will be creating them. I will also be using those characters to play certain parts of the game with people who are members of this guild but it is highly unlikely those characters will be fully recognised as members of the guild and if they are they will not be members of the Galactic Trade Commission in an RP sense.

Also the single guild rule as also been in effect for a long time and all are aware of it rather quickly, it has never been something that is hidden. As Tal has also said, from my experience of exploring the guilds involve with TOR I have only found a handful that are willing for members to be in multiple guilds, an overwhelming majority wish for their members to be loyal to that one guild and we are the same. Time for gaming for quite a few is hard to come by so when people do have that time we wish them to be here, with us, so your RPs can be regular and deep, if people are bouncing around guilds this will be harder to maintain.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

PostSubject: Re: Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild   Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:53 am

Lisara Novar wrote:
As I said to one of the members in MSN my time will be spent where it can be most efficiently used for what -I- like to do.

Then do that.

I have to be blunt about this. These are the rules of the GTC. No force users as main or RP characters, and no multi-guild memberships. Every other member here is perfectly happy with this, and thus we will not even consider changing it for the enjoyment of one or two people. The first, final and only answer is that we are not allowing multiple guild memberships. If you cannot abide by this, then you will have to make a decision of whether you want to remain in the GTC or not. That is the only choice in the matter. The Vigos will not remove this rule, and 99% of our members are perfectly happy with this.

Naturally we would prefer it that you stayed, as you're important to the guild, through RPs, contribution, etc. But these are our rules. This is how we function.

Last edited by Typho Raame on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tal'nar Galon
Tal'nar Galon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild   Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:12 pm

I thought this rule was one of the main rules from the GTC and every member that applied here and got accepted knew about this rule?
Sorry if this may sound harsh, but if you can't live with this rule or follow it, why did some apply in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild   Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 3:20 am

Well I have some MMO experience, I've found that being restricted to one guild in membership doesn't really affect your freedoms at all. I feel almost as free within a guild as I do running around solo.

No matter how large the guild is, many days you'll log in, and many of your guild mates are not online, and those that are busy with something else. So where does that leave you?
We'll you will run around accomplishing tasks in other groups, you will form other friendships outside the guild. I believe also our guild as time progresses will become known on the server and like everyone else will develop alliances and rivalries and will work together with others in mutual interest. Even though a guild demands loyalty, doesn't mean everyone doesn't work with others. It's just the guild you are in is what always give priority whenever possible, it's whos events you attend, and the people you help most when it is needed.

As far as force users you can roll one, it just can't be a guild member. I really don't see how that holds anyone back on game content. As far as I can see this isn't a game where you're going to have to come up with group with each class in it in order to complete a challenge and that's nice because I used to get sick of waiting for hours for a tank or a healer Etc.

As far as I can see, the GTC is a guild that's trying to do something different than all the others. There are plenty of force user only guilds out there,why can't we do a NoN-force user guild. From a lore/rp standpoint this setup makes sense.

If we allow all classes in this guild, then we are really no different than the countless cookie cutter Sith Empire and Republic guilds out there who really have no identity, just the usual vague boring goal of winning the Galactic War. Some of those are great guilds, but the hardest thing they have to come up with is a new name, because they have been done a billion times before.

Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild   Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 am

Deirbhile wrote:

If we allow all classes in this guild, then we are really no different than the countless cookie cutter Sith Empire and Republic guilds out there who really have no identity, just the usual vague boring goal of winning the Galactic War. Some of those are great guilds, but the hardest thing they have to come up with is a new name, because they have been done a billion times before.

Plus our thread on the SWTOR forums starts like this, "The First Neutral Non Force-Sensitive Guild for RPers." Who would give a title like that up.
Back to top Go down
Quaestor Totekem
Recruit
Recruit
Quaestor Totekem

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild   Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 pm

I Completely understand wanting to keep people loyal to a guild and wanting people available for the end game activities and RP sessions their characters are involved in, but I have to say with all the MMOs I have played I have NEVER heard of someone actually enforcing this kind of rule, and if I had obeyed this rule while I was playing World of Warcraft I wouldn't have met some people who turned into very good friends, and wouldn't have seen half the end game content.

I want to be accepted into this Guild and I want to make friends here and have a good time, so I will abide all of the rules all of the time, I Would only loudly voice opposition to this if I thought the guild was not progressing as fast/well as its should be.

Coakes

EDIT: As a side note, I have no problem with not being force users, and would probably prefer the game if they were not playable at all and were only in NPC form, but thats mostly because the game will probably be FULL of derping Sith running about force choking everything with unimaginative names
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild   Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Complain: Why we cannot make another SWTOR character on another guild
Page 1 of 1