Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
GTC Forum Domain Vote_lcap38%GTC Forum Domain Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
GTC Forum Domain Vote_lcap8%GTC Forum Domain Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
GTC Forum Domain Vote_lcap0%GTC Forum Domain Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
GTC Forum Domain Vote_lcap0%GTC Forum Domain Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
GTC Forum Domain Vote_lcap54%GTC Forum Domain Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
GTC Forum Domain Vote_lcapGTC Forum Domain Voting_barGTC Forum Domain Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

GTC Forum Domain

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Members of the Galactic Trade Commission,

I have already sent an email out regarding this situation, but I will also post it here, on the off chance that someone managed to get through onto the site, and not have it directed, and thus needs to be informed here:

Some of you may have already noticed this when you tried to get onto the GTC forums, but whenever you attempt to go to the URL "www.galactictradecommission.com", it redirects you to a website, that says that the domain has expired, and is needed to be renewed. I do not know how or why this happened, as I did not purchase the domain from there, I merely did it from the forumotion website, and it did it for free. So, I'm at an odds as how to counter this problem, and if there is a solution. The most likely outcome will be that the domain will eventually get deleted, after thirty days or so, and I will eventually have to purchase it again. In the mean time, there is a way around this problem. Our old forum URL is still able to access the GTC site. The URL is:

tradecommission.darkbb.com

I apologise if this has panicked or inconvenienced you all in any way. It came as a surprise to me as well. Hopefully you all receive this and are able to still get onto the website. If there's anyone else I missed out on, or if you have some GTC contacts on facebook, or MSN, or any other chat site, could you please tell them ASAP, or tell them to check their emails.

Regards,
Commander Raame
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:09 pm

UPDATE:

It seems that the page has stopped being directed to the other site, as both Lisara and I have managed to get onto "galactictradecommission.com" without there being any problems now. However, I advise you to keep "tradecommission.darkbb.com" in your favourites or saved somewhere in case the domain is indeed deleted, or the direction comes back again.
Back to top Go down
Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:09 pm

haha I see me still using the darkbb url was not so wrong
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Well, it seems that every half hour or so, it keeps on reverting back. Sometimes it redirects you to the other site, and sometimes it works fine. I'd suggest just using tradecommission.darkbb.com, to save trouble.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:41 am

Ha, Ive been using the darkbb link since the start Razz
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:08 am

I changed over... and now it come to bite me in the butt. Razz

Anyway, have you tried posting on the forummotion forums yet to see if anyone there knows anything about it Typho?
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:18 am

I haven't yet, because it's not exactly a bug or problem as such. It's just that the domain needs to be renewed if we want to keep using it. Which is odd, as I never paid for it in the first place, I just added it to the different URLs for our forums. I don't think forumotion will be able to do anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:04 am

In my down time I searched around the forumotion forums and it says you can get the domain for free if you have enough activity. We probably don't though.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 am

Typho Raame wrote:
I haven't yet, because it's not exactly a bug or problem as such. It's just that the domain needs to be renewed if we want to keep using it. Which is odd, as I never paid for it in the first place, I just added it to the different URLs for our forums. I don't think forumotion will be able to do anything about it.

Oh I see. I was thinking that for some reason we couldnt get to the forums at all, even though I was on them. Razz

Yes since the only problem is the galactictradecommission.com domain then it would be something related to whatever you did to get it. And I dont know what you did so I cant help you there.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Owen Keez wrote:
In my down time I searched around the forumotion forums and it says you can get the domain for free if you have enough activity. We probably don't though.
Thank you very much for that, Owen. Using "The Vigos" owner account, I went onto Credit Management and it said that our forum has high enough activity for them to offer it for free. The free renewal is currently in process and should be up soon.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Alright, the domain has been validated and ready for use. Everything should work fine now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GTC Forum Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTC Forum Domain   GTC Forum Domain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTC Forum Domain
Page 1 of 1