Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_lcapNew Cinematic! - Page 2 Voting_barNew Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_lcapNew Cinematic! - Page 2 Voting_barNew Cinematic! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

New Cinematic!

Go down 
+8
Deirbhile
Davan Kelhur
Rasper Karger
Yana Benora
Owen Keez
Nuscian Mandrayk
Garen Odias
Tal'nar Galon
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

New Cinematic! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:12 am

Solid energy, meaning the lightsaber beam. It is made up on light compressed into a beam of energy that shears through near anything it comes into contact with, INCLUDING hands and body parts. If you can just block it with your hands, there's no point to even fighting with a lightsaber, each time they swing at you, you'll just be able to catch and block the beam.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 am

For all we know that could have been a force push going on there. Pushing the light saber away from her body, she probably couldn't keep it up for much longer, so thats why the trooper came and saved her.
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet
Test: Davan Kelhur

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am

Have to agree with Owen here, she was doing lots of force push so this shouldn't be any different.
Back to top Go down
Garen Odias
Comitatus Vigo
Comitatus Vigo
Garen Odias

Character sheet
Test: Silent as Night, Swift as Wind, Devastating as Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:06 pm

Was there not a power you could get in KOTOR that allowed you to block blaster fire without a lightsabre? I see that as a very advanced version of that move. Besides, it's not like she had an easy time of it, she needed the trooper to break Malgus' concentration or else he would have eventually wasted her.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:27 pm

I really doubt that it was a Force Push. You could see the blade hitting her hand and stopping there. It wasn't as if she was push it backwards, more like a Force Hold. I guess the devs will have to clear that up, but never in the history of canonical or correct, normal Star Wars have I seen someone be able to block a hard lightsaber stab, even really strong, powerful Jedi, and yet this one seemed to be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet
Test: Davan Kelhur

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm

Well if he is pushing against her with his own strength or the force it will seem more like a hold because both forces are equal. Then she can use it better afterwards because he was weakened by the blast.

Or it could be a force field, there is use of that in the Darth Bane books, not to stop a lightsaber but it is the same idea.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Ok I downloaded the trailer and looked at this scene by scene. It does strange things. I don't know if it's just me but i sense some things happening here.

First, Malgus goes for kill strike.

New Cinematic! - Page 2 4702403727_92b075fb9a_b

He is surprised.

New Cinematic! - Page 2 4703039686_86cd29d66e_b

The shakes it off and pushes harder.

New Cinematic! - Page 2 4702403805_994d8838be_b

Embers start coming off lightsaber.

New Cinematic! - Page 2 4702403867_5b11dc6e59_b

Most Interesting picture.

New Cinematic! - Page 2 4702403917_f4fda4d547_b

Malgus is close to winning.

New Cinematic! - Page 2 4703039916_d30af3b6e6_b

Owen, I mean a trooper comes in and saves the day.

New Cinematic! - Page 2 4702404011_6223c69096_b
Back to top Go down
Miles Kenko
Runner
Runner
Miles Kenko

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:55 pm

only thing i can think of here is the gloves shes wearing has either catoris or phrik made into it which would resist lightsaber energy for a limitied amount of time . so it could stop the thrust but as he continued to apply pressure it wouldve eventually forced its way through
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:27 am

The only thing I'm confused about now is how can a lightsaber break if the blade is pure energy. Somethings not right here.
Back to top Go down
Deirbhile

Deirbhile

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:10 am

The cinematic trailers for this game are more entertaining than any of the movies, if they made a full length movie in this format I would pay to see it.

I have been watching it over and over so far it's not getting old.

One thing I noticed, it looked like the Bounty Hunter from the Deceived trailer was there behind the sith lord leading the invaders.
They were ambushed but you never saw her in any part of of the trailer.

Maybe some time had elapsed in the trailer?
Back to top Go down
Miles Kenko
Runner
Runner
Miles Kenko

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:11 am

dont think it can break the things i mentioned above in some refrences shorted out the sabers not sure as to how it would affect different sabers as each was made with diffenrt types of crytals and such but the picture does look like its coming apart tho it could be fracturing the energy beam.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:53 am

Owen Keez wrote:
For all we know that could have been a force push going on there. Pushing the light saber away from her body, she probably couldn't keep it up for much longer, so thats why the trooper came and saved her.

Force push, as far as I know, only affects matter. A Lightsaber beam is energy and it would really seem like force push should not affect it to me.
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 am

Darc Akora wrote:
Owen Keez wrote:

Force push, as far as I know, only affects matter. A Lightsaber beam is energy and it would really seem like force push should not affect it to me.

The hilt of a lightsaber is not energy, niether is Malgus's hand. But, I don't think it's a force push, i think its doing the yoda lightning thing after looking at the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:05 am

Owen Keez wrote:
Darc Akora wrote:
Owen Keez wrote:

The hilt of a lightsaber is not energy, niether is Malgus's hand. But, I don't think it's a force push, i think its doing the yoda lightning thing after looking at the pictures.

Regardless of what it is... I still don't think it should be able to happen.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 am

Deirbhile wrote:
The cinematic trailers for this game are more entertaining than any of the movies, if they made a full length movie in this format I would pay to see it.

I have been watching it over and over so far it's not getting old.

One thing I noticed, it looked like the Bounty Hunter from the Deceived trailer was there behind the sith lord leading the invaders.
They were ambushed but you never saw her in any part of of the trailer.

Maybe some time had elapsed in the trailer?

The Hope trailer is set quite some time before the Deceived trailer in the SW:TOR timeline, as has been stated in the info regarding the trailer, and the look of Malgus, who looks quite a lot younger than he does in the Deceived trailer. I was wondering if the Bounty Hunter was Shae Vizla, but I think it would be quite impossible, as Vizla doesn't look more than in her twenties in the Deceived trailer, and if the Hope trailer is set early out in the Great Galactic War, then she'd still be a child or infant then. Who knows, though, she might have some implant that keeps her young.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:27 pm

What kind of movie were you after? Something with more story, or some space battles, or?
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Well, from the trailers we have seen so far, it seems like the cinematic videos will be based more around historic fights abd battles fought in the Great Galactic War, rather than focusing on specific classes. Sure, they include certain classes in the battle, but the Deceived trailer was about the Sacking of Coruscant, and the Hope trailer was about one of the first major victories for the Republic against the onslaught of the Sith Empire.

I also have to disagree with you on the topic of it being rushed. Even five minutes of that cinematic video would take even the best CGI movie developers months to make. They've probably been working on it for a hell of a lot time, and the quality of their work was even better than the Deceived trailer, I feel.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Well, they ARE the Republic Special Forces Havoc Squad, and if you read the description of the video, they didn't really have any support. It was more of a last stand ambush that was happening all over the planet to try halt the Sith Empire. The Republic fleet WAS incoming, but wouldn't have had time to wait. They would have needed to attack now and inflict as much damage as possible to the Sith Empire military forces stationed on Alderaan.
Back to top Go down
Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Yea i would have to agree with typho their, when they all shot their flares and it shows the planet lighting up the republic fleet is right their either waiting or just arriving, the troopers needed to strike hard and fast to make way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Cinematic!   New Cinematic! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Cinematic!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2