Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_lcap38%Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_lcap8%Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_lcap0%Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_lcap0%Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_lcap54%Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_lcapSniper vs. Lightsaber Voting_barSniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_lcapSniper vs. Lightsaber Voting_barSniper vs. Lightsaber Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

Sniper vs. Lightsaber

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

Sniper vs. Lightsaber Empty
PostSubject: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:51 am

Im hoping you guys can help me out with a question I have.

I am curious as to what happens when a sniper rifle laser comes in contact with a lightsaber. Is the laser able to be reflected or does the lightsaber absorb it like other types of energy. Or, if it is an extreamly powerful laser would it possibly knock the lightsaber out of the Jedi's hand?

Any help appreicated! Smile
Back to top Go down
Atlia Tomur

Atlia Tomur

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:56 am

well i think it depends on 3 things. 1. if the sniper as been found and or sensed by the jedi 2. if the jedi has his lightsaber drawn 3. if not then the sniper will probably go for a kill shot and we'd hopefully have a dead jedi. So i think these things play a big part of it but hey i could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:07 am

The only thing that matters on my opinion is the Jedi/ Sith him self.

If he's waiting to receive the shot he'll just knock it back! Only a youngling could fail!..

If doesn't wait for it but notice it sometime before it hits him and he has some time he'll avoid or more possibly send it (using lightsaber or force) to whatever direction.

If he doesn't notice it or didn't have the time to deflect, avoid or whatever he's dead!
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:13 am

I didnt think that Jedi could manipulate lasers with the force, no?

Anyway thanks guys. Though I think that it would seem possible with a powerful enough weapon and an unprepared Jedi that only blocks the blast at the last second could knock the lightsaber out of his hand.
Back to top Go down
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:33 am

It's possible!

Although yes, they could with the force! But you need to be very strong!

Darth Vader does on the movies when Han Solo shots at him and he pulls the lasers to his hand!
Back to top Go down
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:03 am

Jacky the giant killer wrote:
... look at Luke in Return of the Jedi, he blocks speeder fire as if it were nothing.

Luke is Luke!.. Don't think any player Jedi on-line will be as Powerful!

...But I guess the deflection is always possible!
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:15 am

Torgal wrote:
... look at Luke in Return of the Jedi, he blocks speeder fire as if it were nothing.

Agreed! Luke is like the God of Star Wars. If he had to he could deflect the death star's big laser thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Torgal wrote:

Well, remember that Luke was barely a jedi knight in RotJ, so he was not as powerful as he'd someday become.

And were we talking about the online game? I didn't think we were, considering no one could possibly answer that kind of question about a game still in production which might not even have sniper rifles.

No. I was not referring to what would happen in the game, only in Star Wars Canon.

Aliendra wrote:
Light has no mass when it travels... I doubt there will be any knockback from a laser weapon... Or any recoil obviously. Smile

So yes he can deflect it back to you and propably see it efore its comming like normal blaster shots. Now...

The best weapon against a Jedi would be a slugthrower resembling a shotgun. Now thats unblockable.

You do know that slugs melt on contact with a lightsaber, yes? Now you are right if you could get close range with a spread slug thrower and possibly get a kill. It would be pretty hard to get close enough to do that though.
Back to top Go down
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:59 am

A force wielder is never easy to kill!

And no, it's not easy to go close to either!.. They just need to push you back or throw something heavy on to you!

That's how I see it at least!

On Battlefront 1 it was the hardest job to kill a Jedi or Sith! You needed lots of grenades, or missile-shooters and a lot of luck that he won't decide to pull you towards him and kill you with his glowing blade! geek
Back to top Go down
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:08 am

You're right!

I guess we could all have a shotgun as a secondery weapon to use when the Jedi come near!

...We need to be careful of friendly fire then though! Razz
Back to top Go down
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos
The Vigos

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:02 pm

The Cowman wrote:
(or can some Jedi/Sith sense droids, I forget Sad )

The Force flows through everything... Of course they can!
Back to top Go down
Davan Kelhur

Davan Kelhur

Character sheet
Test: Davan Kelhur

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 pm

hmmm Jango killed a jedi with his blaster head on so no Razz
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:33 am

I think it all depends on how far away the sniper is, whether the Jedi knows he there, and what type of weapon the sniper is using. I would take a big, high-powered anti-material type of Sniper Rifle, like a futuristic Barrett M82, that would punch a hole the size of a tyre right through the Jedi. It also depends on how fast the Jedi's reflexes are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniper vs. Lightsaber   Sniper vs. Lightsaber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniper vs. Lightsaber
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Galactic Trade Commission Forum :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: