Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Which Shall Be The Title Of The GTC Newsletter?
The Corruption
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcap38%The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
The Undergrounder
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcap8%The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Syndicate
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcap0%The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Extortion
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcap0%The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blackmail
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcap54%The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13
Similar topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Typho Raame
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcapThe GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Voting_barThe GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap 
Davan Kelhur
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcapThe GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Voting_barThe GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap 
Darc Akora
Owen Keez
The Vigos
Jax Nova
Rasper Karger
Tal'nar Galon
Garen Odias
Gár The Grim
Latest topics
» Convert Sony PWM-F55/F5 XAVC to Sony Vegas without Quality Loss
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm by Charlotte123

» TERA & WOW 10% coupon code
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am by vivian206

» 8% discount code:IGXEQREV3870
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 am by vivian206

» I recommend a good seller
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am by vivian206

» Promotions for WOW & TERA gold
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am by whatever11

» Which online game do you like to play?
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am by whatever11

» Rush for Cheap Game Gold, Game Items,Powerleveling
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm by sallylee

» SWTOR Question
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am by sallylee

» Which class is your favorite in WOW?
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm by sallylee

Useful Links

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters

Go down 
+6
Darc Akora
Jax Nova
Aramis Spark
Owen Keez
Rasper Karger
Typho Raame
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which shall be the class name of the Corruption?
The "Lancea-class Battle-Cruiser"
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcap20%The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
The "Stilus-class Battle-Cruiser"
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcap27%The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
The "Vindictus-class Battle-Cruiser"
The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_lcap53%The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet
Test: Typho Raame

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Empty
PostSubject: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:27 pm

As you will have all heard, on our latest Podcast we discussed the possibility of Capital Ships or Mobile Space Headquarters in SW:TOR. Now unfortunately, there has been no word as to whether there will be Space Headquarters or not. So, this thread will primarily be for Role-playing's sake at the moment. I want us to decide on a Capital Ship/Space Headquarters for the Galactic Trade Commission, as well as a name to go with it. Since it is mainly for Role-playing, the ship can be from any sci-fi movie, TV series, or game, not just from Star Wars (We can change the actual ship's class and whatnot when we decide on it if it isn't from the Star Wars universe). For starters, and this is definitely my favourite out of the ones I have found so far, I found this image of a bad ass looking Capital Ship from a game called X3: Reunion. The name of the ship is the Terran Odin M1:

Front-on View:

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Odinkl4

More images of the Terran Odin M1:

Side-on View:
http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/ships/pics/odin2.jpg
Rear view:
http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/X2_Pix/D_Odin1.jpg
Birds-eye/angular view:
http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/X2_Pix/D_Odin2.jpg
Rear birds-eye/angular view:
http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/ships/pics/odin.jpg

As to the name of our Capital Ship, my suggestions are either the Corruption (the Venaliter in Latin), the Corrupter (the Infectus in Latin), or finally, the Corruptus. For the ship that is displayed above in the image, my suggestion as to the class of the ship would be either the Trident-class Battlecruiser (Due to the shape of the ship being Trident-like), or the Vindictus-class Battlecruiser (Which is just an aesthetic choice, with no real reasoning behind it).

So, feel free to post your own images and suggestions for our Capital Ship and its name. Here's a link to a couple of images which shows numerous different ships from all sorts of movies, games, and TV series:

http://www.freewebs.com/apoco/1188876468445.png
http://www.lucike.info/x3_terran_conflict/screenshots/capitalships.jpg

Last edited by Typho Raame on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:30 pm

I love the one Typho found it looks epic. I found another one I like

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Musai

I dont know its real name
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:36 pm

According to google, it is called the "Musai". Apparently it from a Japanese mini series called "Gundam".
Back to top Go down
Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Found another I liked and if anyone has played KOTOR then you should recognize it Smile

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Endarconcept

Its a Hammerhead-class cruiser
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Aye, the Hammerhead-class Cruiser is a bad ass ship. Problem is that it is only 315 metres. Not really the best size for a ship that is a Mobile Guild Command Centre. Also, for SW:TOR, they've upgraded the Hammerhead-class Cruiser into the Thranta-Class Cruiser:

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Thranta-class_warship_GGW
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Corporal / Head Propaganda Agent
Owen Keez

Character sheet
Test: Owen Keez

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:19 am

I don't know about you guys but I liked the Cerbrus ship in Mass Effect 2.

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters 800px-Cerberus_Station

Mix that with this

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Endarconcept

and you got an awesome ship.

P.S. I liked the ship updated hammerhead ship.
Back to top Go down
Aramis Spark
Trooper First Class
Trooper First Class
Aramis Spark

Character sheet
Test: 4235

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 am

I have to suggestions.

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Spaceship2_cg2

For my second pick I have to go with the old school.

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters 2241Spaceship
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:32 am

Hmmm, if we could some how merge these ships together what would it equal???

The Power of the DeathStar!!!!!!!!!!

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Deathstar

Why aim for a ship when we could have a moon-sized ship!!!!
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 am

We mustn't forget that for our Capital Ship/Headquarters, we need a ship large enough to carry a huge amount of fighters/smaller ships inside it. I don't think that the Hammerhead-class Cruiser, nor the Thranta-class War Ship had hanger bays to fig freighters, gunships, or fighters. The Terran Odin M1 can fit 45 freighters, gunships, and fighters.

EDIT:

Here's a couple more images on some nice, big Capital Class Headquarters.

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Prometheuscg4

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Animaniac_66_1280x960
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 am

I like this one Smile

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters StarTrek_Enterprise_starship_neargalaxy_free_computerdesktop_wallpaper_800
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 pm

I've talked to a few people now, and out of the options that I suggested, it seems that the "Achilles" is the most popular out of the Odin, the Achilles, and the other ship that I posted. So I took the image of the Achilles, and put it next to a Mon Calamari Cruiser, resizing the Mon Cal Cruiser to a size that I think would fit well to display the size of our Capital Ship, if the Achilles is chosen. If people think that the Mon Cal should be larger or smaller, just tell me, and I'll see what I can do. The Mon Calamari Cruiser is exactly 1,500 metres long. The Achilles Capital Ship is around the length of three Mon Cal Cruisers, making it around 4,500 metres long. I think that it a pretty good length for our Mobile Space Headquarters, but if anyone disagrees, then please say so.

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters MonCal-Achilles
Back to top Go down
Aramis Spark
Trooper First Class
Trooper First Class
Aramis Spark

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 pm

I'm not sure if most people can comprehend a size of the mon calamari cruiser (I know i can't) to the Achillies. I do believe about 90% of us on here can comprehend the size of the (not to sure of the name) Imperial Cruiser (the thing that opened Episode IV, not the Rebels one with laya but the Imperial one that had Vader on it.) So you should put that ship next to the Achillies Odin and the other one (i forgot the name). So we can better comprehend and compare the two ships.

Also my personal favorite is the Odin it just looks huge and badass.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:18 am

Well, in truth the Mon Calamari Cruiser is around the same size as the Imperial Star Destroyer anyway, give or take a couple of hundred metres. I've also read that for a Star Destroyer to work at full efficiency, it needs a crew of around 37,000, whereas the Mon Cal Cruiser only needs around five to ten thousand. I guess if we have a ship that is three times the size of one of the Star Destroyers, we'd have to make the majority of the crew all droids. I mean, sure, the GTC is powerful, but we don't have THAT much power as to employ 100,000 people or so. Anyway, here's an image of the [i]Achilles[/] to a Star Destroyer (I also added in a Corellian Corvette to show the size of the Star Destroyer compared to it):

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters StarDestroyer-Achilles
Back to top Go down
Aramis Spark
Trooper First Class
Trooper First Class
Aramis Spark

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:53 am

I like it. But I have on question though..........................................

Do we get private parking spaces in the hanger?
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:59 am

Of course we will. The Hanger Bays will be gigantic, no matter what vessel we choose as our Capital Ship. So, there won't be any problem about getting our own private area for our own fighter or freighter. If you look at the image of the Achilles, the Hangers are located on either side of the main deck, and both of them are over half the size of a Star Destroyer, so I'm thinking that there'll be definitely enough room for our own private docking bay, should we so wish it.

EDIT:

I've uploaded an image of the Terran Odin M1 Carrier alongside a Star Destroyer and Corellian Corvette, to compare the size. The Odin is definitely not as long as the Achilles, but it is far wider and can support a lot more weaponry. Sorry about all the white parts around the ship. The background was originally white, and i wasn't about to spend two to three hours getting rid of all the leftover white parts. I'll also post the original image of the Odin.

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Odin

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Odin2
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:09 am

Aramis Spark wrote:
I like it. But I have on question though..........................................

Do we get private parking spaces in the hanger?

I demand we all have our names on our parking spot, and no meters, I don't carry change.
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:53 am

Well, as there hasn't been much activity on this thread in a few days, I think it is time that the suggestions for the GTC's Capital Ship stopped, and we make a poll for which ship we shall choose as our Guild Headquarters. If anyone has any more suggestions over the next couple of days, I'll add them in. I will also post an image of each contestant in this post, so you will know each option you are voting for without having to shift through lots of text.

Terran Odin M1

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Odin2

The Achilles

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Animaniac_66_1280x960

Gado's Ship

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Mothership

Aramis' Ship

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Spaceship2_cg2

Thranta-Class Warship

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Thranta-class_warship_GGW

The Freakin' Death Star

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Deathstar
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 am

Im glad my submission, the freakin deathstar, was put onto the ballot.

Im gonna have to go with the achilles, looks the most star warsy out of them all, besides the Thranka hammerhead one. It may be a little lacking in width, but it seems a like ship that could easily go undercover and hidden.

Last edited by Owen Keez on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Trader / Intelligence Agent
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 am

I liked the Achilles the best
Back to top Go down
Darc Akora
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Sicarius Vigo / High Agent
Darc Akora

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:59 am

All look like great suggestions but my favorite was certainly the Achilles and I voted as such.
Back to top Go down
Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 am

I voted for the Achilles, Love the look and I think its perfect as our capital ship
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame

Typho Raame

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:57 am

Well, I think that that concludes the voting on which of the optional ships shall be the GTC's Guild Capital Ship, as the Achilles cruiser easily won by a long shot. So, now that we have our ship, we need to think an actual name for the ship's class (As we can't use the Achilles, due to plagiarism) as well as the name that the ship will be called. Get suggesting.

For the ship's class, I suggest the either the Lancea-class Battle-cruiser (Lancea is Latin for Lance) or the Stilus-class Battle-Cruiser (Which is Latin for Pike). These suggestions stem from the fact that the Achilles is a long and thin ship, and it resembles a pike or lance.

My suggestions for the name of the ship are the "Corrupter", the "Corruption", or the "Corrupting Shadow".
Back to top Go down
Rasper Karger

Rasper Karger

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:11 am

I like the names Typho gave and just to add a few I like.

The Unyielding

Carnage

The Harvester
Back to top Go down
Owen Keez
Owen Keez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:12 am

H.Q. (Hello Quarter)

Steel Charger

S.S. Owen

G.E.T.C. (Galactic enforcer of Trade Commission)

T.C.M.C. (Trade Commission Mobile Command)

C.R.I.M.E. (Command Rental Intel Mobile Enforecer)

M.C.U. (Mobile Command Unit

All i got are acronyms.
Back to top Go down
Jax Nova
Jax Nova

Character sheet
Test: Jax Nova

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:06 am

S.S. Greed

Leviathon

Centurion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters   The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The GTC's Capital Ship/Space Headquarters
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next